Pages

Monday 18 May 2015

What I Am Looking Forward To In Scotland


So I’ve decided to make a little list of things that I am most looking forward to in Scotland, and also a list of things I’m not so sure about. Since Scott’s family is from the UK I like to think I have been well prepped for the transition, or so I like to tell myself. But it sounds like a completely different world from what I consider the norm. Here it is…

 

Yay!

  •  The Scenery - Who wouldn’t be excited by this? Scotland is considered to have some of the most breath taking landscapes and historical buildings in the world.
  • Cheap Beer - From what I’ve been told a pint of beer is £2.50 (that’s $4.80)… are you serious!? The Last time I bought a pint in Brisbane it was $9. Psshh, no thanks.
  •  The Food – I’ve only tried a small portion of Scottish food, but Scott always tells me how good everything is over there. I’m inclined to believe him because I have been introduced to Bisto (instant gravy) and I would put that stuff on anything!! You just don’t get gravy like that here.
  • The Snow – I’m 24 and have never seen snow before, so this really excites me.
  • Travel Possibilities – Australia is so far away from everything, so having the opportunity to pop over to Paris for a weekend sounds amazing.
  • Winter – Having never really experienced a ‘real’ winter in Queensland, I am excited to be in the cold. Everyone says “you won’t be able to stand it” when we talk about a Scottish winter, but I will be the judge of that. I have no idea what I am in for, and I will most likely freeze my ass off, but that is all part of the experience.
  • The Accent – It’s just so good to listen to haha.
  • Daylight – The sun not going down until 10pm in summer, what is this magic?

 

Nay!

  •  Archie – Our dog Archie won’t be coming with us.
  • Winter – I’ve put this in both categories because as I said above, I will probable freeze my ass off.
  • Condiments – The lack of Vegemite available.
  • The Beach – I don’t know of any really nice beaches in Scotland, hopefully I get proven wrong. An Aussie needs a beach… I guess Greece will do hehe.


That’s all I can think of right now, but some of these views may change after being there for a few months. I’ll create an updated list towards the end of the year and see how my views have changed. 

Let me know what you love about Scotland in the comments below. Thanks for reading!

Paige x


2 comments:

  1. Ohh you haven't seen snow? That will be exciting when you do! Haha as for the Winter, as long as you have a nice warm coat, wear layers and/or thermals, a few pairs of socks and shoes that can withstand the cold/wet/snow you will be fine! Maybe... Or you will get used to it pretty quickly.
    Aww the one thing about moving countries is if you have to leave a pet behind :( I had to leave my cat behind, whom my family are looking after, and I always miss him so much. I make my brother send me pictures of him all of the time and get him to pick my cat up and show me him on skype lol.
    If you love Vegemite, seriously take some with you! Otherwise get your family to send it over, I did that when I first arrived in London last year. My mum sent me over a care package with foods I couldn't get in the UK haha.
    Where abouts will you be staying in Scotland? I've been to Edinburgh and I loved it! I did a day tour to the Loch Ness and that was also amazing, the Scottish Highlands are so beautiful :D I think you're in for a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never! Hopefully I see some while im there :) will buy all of that when we get there. Ill definately take some with me, it should last a while as I will be the only one eating it haha we will be living in glasgow :)

    ReplyDelete